Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Beef Stroganoff with Daisy Sour Cream


I was chosen to be a part of the BzzAgent Daisy Sour Cream campaign. I was challenged to come up with ways to use this new squeeze package. I instantly thought about my Beef Stroganoff recipe and now I get to share it with you all!
#GotItFree #DollopOfDaisy 
What makes my recipe special is the high quality ingredients. 
I use Angus Petite Sirloin, baby Portabello mushrooms, and creamy Daisy Sour Cream.
The new squeeze packaging of the sour cream makes this recipe even easier. 




Mom's Bags of Trick's Beef Stroganoff 
Serves 4 

1/2 pound Angus Petite Sirloin, cut into thin strips 
1/2 cup onion, chopped medium- I used Walla Walla Onion
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, I used baby Portobello mushrooms 
2 tbsp olive oil 
Salt, pepper, seasonings
 1 cup water 
1 tsp beef base of bouillon cube-you could also use beef stock 
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 
2 tbsp flour 
 1 cup Daisy Sour Cream 
1 package egg noodles, cooked and drained 



Trim and cut beef sirloin, mushrooms, and onions. 
In a pan on medium high heat, add oil and once hot, add sliced steak and brown. 
Remove from pan, add mushrooms and onion, cooking until soft and turning brown. 
Meanwhile, measure 1 cup hot water and add 1 tsp beef base and 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce to the water. 


Once the mushrooms and onions are done, add the meat back to the pan, season with salt. pepper, and seasonings  and then add the water mixture and flour and stir. 
Cook about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens to the point a ribbon can be made with your finger on the back of a rubber scraper.  


Add the sour cream, stir and remove from heat right before the mixture boils. 
Serve over hot, cooked egg noodles. 


Enjoy!
Thanks BzzAgent and Daisy Sour Cream for including me in your campaign. 







No comments:

Post a Comment