Monday, July 25, 2016

H2O Go! Inflatable Pool Unboxing and Review


I bought this H2O Go! Inflatable 10 Ft. Long Pool at Costco for $40 2 months ago. I told my kids as soon as it was 85 degrees outside, I would set it up. Well, today, finally, it was above 85 degrees for the first time in forever. We have hardly gotten a real summer at all yet! So, being the first day I got the opportunity to set it up, I took it. 
I started early because I wanted to give the water a chance to warm up before my kids got in the pool. 
Once I got the tarp set up, my cat Blue, got very curious as to just what I was doing.I has to shoo him out from underneath the tarp. Later, he tried to sit on the tarp covering the pool! I had to catch him before he fell in the water. He hasnt gone near it since then!


The contents of the box included the pool, instructions, and one patch. 



I started with a flat, clean area in our backyard. I laid down a large tarp as the foundation, leaving about a foot border of extra tarp for the pool to lay on. The instructions said to start on the bottom first. I used an electric air pump to inflate all 3 levels on the outside of the pool. This was difficult because the air kept coming out super fast as I was trying to close the chambers after filling them with air. The valves on the pool have a large valve and a smaller valve attached to it. This is very standard on large inflatables such as air mattresses. However,  the small valves are air tight, and basically do nothing. I dont know if that was the design or if I received a defective pool or what. Basically I haqd to make sure each section was super full and work really fast at trying to close each one before too much air came out. This wasnt easy at all but I got it done. 

Then I turned it on it's side and filled the seats on the inside and closed the drain hole. 



I made sure to wipe down my hose really well. The goal was to start with a very clean pool and try to keep it that way as long as possible. 



 I filled the pool up to the wavy fill line. This took about 30 minutes. 



After filling the pool, I covered it with a tarp. I utilized the cup holders in the pool to help hold the tarp down with water bottles. I left the tarp on for 6 hours, creating a sauna affect on the pool. I was trying to use the heat from the sun to warm it up so it wasnt so cold for my kids. 



Although the pool was not a hottub and super warm, it did warm up some sitting in the sun for 6 hours. 
Here, my kids are meditating, trying to get used to the cold water! HaHa! 



I guess the tarp and the meditation worked, because they are all smiles!
My daughter asked me if she can go in after breakfast in the morning!
I guess that means they like it!



I think the price is good for the size. My kids are rough on everything and this held up perfectly all day. I dont like the valve situation for inflating purposes. It was very hard to keep air in. I really expected a smaller valve opening for inflating. I think the cup holders are great and will allow me to hold a tarp on it fairly easily. I think overall, this is a great product. It was affordable and easy to set up and made my kids very happy!



1 comment: