Thursday, July 7, 2016

Walmart Haul

This haul is also a YouTube video! Check  it out here.  

Hello everyone! After dropping the kids off at summer school, I went to Walmart for a few things for the weekend. 
We were originally supposed to be going camping this weekend, but do to the rainy weather forecasted, we canceled and have another trip planned for next weekend. Hoping for better weather. 
So I was left with a change of plans and a need for a new menu for the weekend. 
This morning I went to a Walmart neighborhood market. I prefer a supercenter but there isnt one close to me, so the market will have to do. 
On to the haul...
When walking up to my house, i plopped the groceries down outside on the table and got right to work filming my YouTube video. No rain yet!
So this haul is done Al Fresco! 


Spent $65 and a lot of this will last us more than the weekend. 


Here is the haul in its entirety. 

First up, Frozen foods...

I really love the Fast Fixin's Chicken Breasts with country gravy. These are perfect with the Grand's biscuits. The biscuits are a better value to me because I dont have to make 8 at a time, like with the canned biscuits. I also think they taste better and have a better texture than the canned ones. 
I also got Foster Farms chicken patties and Star Wars chicken nuggets featuring BB-8. These are both great options for a quick lunch or dinner. My son is a huge BB-8 fan and chicken nuggets are his favorite so this is a dream collaboration for him! .


See... I wasnt lying. My son will want chicken nuggets for breakfast once he realizes these exist! 

That's it for frozen. Let's move on to...
Meat...




This chicken was a great deal! 1.99 a pound and enough for at least 3 meals. 
I got some Nathan's hot dogs for 3 bucks and some sausage for breakfast this weekend. 

Bread...


We got more hot dog and hamburger buns, cinnamon bread for french toast this weekend along with the sausage, and flour tortillas

Dairy

Lactose free 2% milk and nondairy Coffee Mate in Hazelnut and salted butter. My daughter has issues with milk, as do I, so we really are careful with dairy products. I am mad at myself for not buying butter at costco. It is alot cheaper to buy it in bulk. This box of butter today was almost $4. Ugh!

Fruits and veggies

I got a small bag of green grapes. They were a great deal at $1.48 a pound. My kids like red grapes best but they were out. I guess the rest of the city prefers red as well!
The bananas looked good but the strawberries not so much. I wish Oregon Strawberries were still in season but they aren't!
Ugh again!

Cans, mixes, and snacks


Pretzel sticks for $1 and Juanita's tortilla chips. Stove top stuffing and I know you saw the Oatmeal pies. Hiding is the Hungry Jack hashbrowns. I love those. They make the best hash browns ever. I'm not sure why dehydrated potatoes taste so good but they do, so I stopped questioning it!


And last but not least...Green chilies. 

The chicken, tortillas, green chilies and tortilla chips are for an upcoming blog post for my Chicken Dinner Mondays series. Hint! Hint!


My favorite thing from this haul?
Hands down the stuffing! However, being the hero that brings home BB-8 chicken nuggets to my little boy trumps the stuffing any day!

Have a great day! 









No comments:

Post a Comment