Sunday, June 26, 2016

Big Lots! Haul

This haul is also a video on youtube! watch the video here. DOnt forget to hit the like button and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgk29njKwjU


I went to Big Lots! after I got paid last week on a whim. I dont shop there often, but its right by my house, so occasionally I will check them out. Their prices seem to be high on a lot of items but on this haul, I did find some good deals. I was looking for some type of dresser to hold some of my clothes, and some camping items. 

 I ended up picking up this 6 cube storage for my new dresser. It was only $30 bucks. Hubby put it together for me. Took him a little while but it came out perfect and he did a great job. 


I bought three storage bins to match my room in red, black and gray. 


I found some good deals on some items for our camping trip that we just had over the weekend. I got extra cups and plasticware because on this trip I invited my friend and her three kids to come and share our campsite with us for a few days. I needed some extra supplies. I got the antibacterial wipes to have handy during cooking, extra bug spray, which worked very well and is almost gone, the tin baking pans for different things I was planning to make and take on the trip, and these three pack of head lamps. The head lamps were $ 10 for three and I was very skeptical. I have paid $10 for one headlamp and had two of those break on me. These headlamps are awesome. All three still work perfectly. These have an extra strap that goes on top of your head and for some reason, that makes it much more comfortable. These are sturdy and do have a hinge to change placement of the lamp. There are two light settings and a flashing setting and these were so helpful once it got dark. Hubby, my friend, and I all had these on and we didn't need flashlights at all otherwise. Very impressed by these! 


 

I picked up a few snacks for the trip. All the kids really enjoyed these pretzels. The brownies were a big hit for desert one night during our trip. I made them in the tin baking pan I got here as well and put them in a plastic bag and stored in the food box. Easy to make, store, pck, and serve. The Nerds, I brought but we still have them. These were my favorite as a kid. I may end up eating these!


I got myself some face wipes with argan oil for removing makeup, a big pack of ankle socks for $5 bucks, and some Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition dry oil for body, face, and hair. I love Garnier and pretty much use it all the time. I have not tried this but it was fairly inexpensive so I will give it a try.  


I got us a new shower curtain set for the main bathroom. This picture doesn't do the shower curtain justice. Its beautiful. everything here cost 14 bucks. Very inexpensive way to change the look in your bathroom quickly and easily. 


 These pool loungers did double duty while camping. I used them as extra mattresses in the kid's tents and then when our friends left, my kids used them down at the river. My only complaint is they take longer to inflate then our regular air mattresses due to the use of a smaller nozzle to fill it up with the pump, and deflating them also takes a long time as well. You have to pinch the opening and put weight on it for quite a while to get it deflated. $14 bucks for 2 is a good deal and was handy when I needed extra bedding but the time taken for the money saved was a lot.


I got myself new hair ties and some nail polish remover wipes. The hair ties were a great deal. We used the different colors to mark water bottles while camping. This helped us keep track of who's bottle belonged to whom. The nail polish wipes were $1 but don't work very well. They smell nice but the formula didn't hold up to my glitter nail polish and I didn't have time to keep taking forever to get my nail polish off using those so I grabbed my bottle of nail polish remover to do the job. These wipes are a fail. 

My favorite items from this haul? 
The dresser was the most expensive item I bought, but a very inexpensive option for a dresser. It is working out very well. 


The head lamps were an awesome surprise as to how well they worked out. We kept them all together near the picnic table, None of them got lost!
The shower curtain items were such a good deal and it looks so pretty hanging in my bathroom. 


The shower curtain wins this haul!






No comments:

Post a Comment