Monday, June 6, 2016

Easy Camping Hack- Twist ties

Twist ties are amazingly powerful little tools while camping.
We save every twist tie we come across and put them in our camping equipment box. (I keep a small box within that box for small items that get lost easily. This keeps everything super organized). We are discovering lots of uses for these which is making our lives easier.
*Hubby uses them to tie up the extension cords for storage. This keeps the cords from getting tangled and keeps everything as compact as possible in the box. When the extension cords are in use, I keep the tie on it by just twisting it onto the cord. When we are ready to pack up, the tie is already there and doesn't get lost. This also works for stringed lights as well.
*Affixing the broom, dust pan, and pans to the canopy for easy reach and decluttering purposes. To do this in the most effective way, twist the tie onto the canopy first, then twist your item on afterword. When the item is in use, the twist tie is still affixed to the canopy allowing for easy removal and return.
*To attach lights inside the tents   Once, I couldn't find the mesh that acts as storage for inside the top of the tent. I usually hang lights from that. I grabbed a few twist ties and the lights were up in no time and firmly stayed in place. In a pinch, we had lights regardless.
*Hang wet clothes such as jeans to dry them quickly. I hung jeans from the belt loops with twist ties and they were dry in no time and didn't fall down once.
*I've used twist ties to put my hair up when I couldn't find a hair tie! I also put several hair ties on a twist tie and then tied it directly to my brush   Ever since, I haven't lost my hair ties and always know here they are.
*My son's swim trunks were too big, so I held them up with a twist tie in the back. They didn't fall down again. I folded the tie out so it didn't irritate his skin.

We recently found these huge twist ties. They came on our new garden hoses and are very durable. I quickly put these in the camping box. Im sure having huge twist ties will really come in handy while camping.

How do you use twist ties? Please comment below to give me ideas on how to use this clever camping hack in more ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment