Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Michael's Haul!

This haul is also a YouTube video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3_BrAEMUOA
Don't forget to press the like button and to subscribe!

I went to Michael's over the weekend to get some supplies to make decorations for my mother's 60th birthday. I wanted to make her a banner (DIY blog for that coming soon!) and I needed a few supplies. This was a spendy trip to the craft store. Even with 2 coupons, I spent 60 bucks IDK if I have even spent that much at Michael's on craft supplies in my life but I couldn't help it. There was so many great products to choose from...



These two pictures show the haul in its entirety. I will break it all down for you. 


Reusable mini shopping totes. 
Mom's bags of tricks is named this for a reason. I love reusable shopping totes and I use them for everything. These are very small and perfect for individual bags for each member of my family. I can put snacks, toys, and drinks into each one. These were in the bins by the front of the store for $1.50 each.


Butterflies, clothesline clips in a rainbow of colors, twine in natural, blue, and pink, and two 2 packs of birds 
The butterflies are for me, as are the clothesline clips. I used the natural twine for my mom's banner and the birds in her flower arrangements. 


Morphix compound clay, Shopkins travel stationary kit, and Mystic Knot Jewelry. 
These are for the camping fun box. I want my kids to have fun things to do while we are camping so I bought these to add to the box. The Morphix was on clearance and so was the Mystic Knot Jewelry. 




Pink glass ombre votive holders. 
I used these at my mom;s party with LED votives. Looked very pretty and added a little light. These were in the $1.50 bins  I plan to add these to the camping supply box for a little bit of a glamping touch. 


Color your own cover notebook and Artist loft shimmer watercolor palette. 
These were both presents for my mother for her birthday.  She is a coloring book enthusiast and it was my mission to find her things that she didn't have and had not seen previously. I did a great job, she loved both items. 



Wrapping paper and folders. 
I love these prints. This is right up my alley and I will be making a banner for myself using these folders. I found all of this in the $1.50 bins as well. 


Scrap booking paper. 
I used the large pad to make her banner. It included a lot of Victorian pages with gold embellishments. (I will post a how to and pictures of the banner soon) 


My favorite item? 
My favorite item from this haul has to be, hands down, the folders and wrapping paper. The prints are so cute and I cant wait to make my banner for my birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment