Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Easy Meatballs




I find meatballs to be pretty easy. I mix everything together, fry them up and Im done, with little cleanup. Meatballs are a great comfort food served with spaghetti and tomato sauce, and even better, on a meat ball sandwich. Ive also used them on pizza. Meatballs can easily be transformed with different flavors such as sweet and sour or teriyaki meatballs. Ive also added fresh perlini mozzarella to the middle to make stuffed meatballs. I normally use just Angus ground beef in my meatballs, This time, I added about 1/3 pound of ground sausage. All I had was ground original flavored breakfast sausage and it worked perfectly. The sausage added another dimension of flavor to the ground beef, but wasnt too overpowering. I will keep experimenting with sausage, maybe swapping for Italian sausage next time.

Here, I make a classic Italian style meatball 

Mom's Bags of Tricks Meatballs 

 1 pound Angus ground beef 
1/3 pound sausage 
1/2 onion, small diced 
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons italian seasoning
dash of salt and pepper 
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese 
1 cup panko bread crumbs 
1 egg 

Heat large skillet over medium high heat. 
Mix all ingredients together 
I formed the meatballs round after using a 1/8 cup measure for each meat ball. 
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to skillet and allow to heat up. 
Add meatballs in two batches to the oil, turning and browning on all sides, cooking until no longer pink in the middle. (You get to taste test here !) 
Drain on paper towels. 
Add to heated marinara sauce and serve with spaghetti. 

Makes 28 meatballs 
I served 7 people dinner, plus 4 people meatball sandwiches all with this batch of meatballs 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment